Top Ten Lists
These are the shows and
subjects that we liked, but weren't fascinated enough to do a whole
ton of lists about. So below you will find a list or two on the
down or Choose a Subject:
Top Ten Things Amblin Should NOT Do With The New Doctor
10) The Return of Adric
9) Completely dispense with cheesy special effects
8) Have the Doctor doing passionate love scenes with green skinned
7) Alien speech with subtitles. It would ruin my illusion that
everyone in the universe speaks English
6) The new Doctor with an Alabama accent
5) Pastel-colored Daleks, line dancing to Achy Breaky Heart
4) Anyone saying "Blobby" even once
3) A crossover with Spielberg's "Earth 2" (Then again... it might
2) Rewrite the Doctor's history so that he's actually a human
with a silly tendency to time travel and the Time Lord's are really
the result of his overworked imagination (as were Adric and Mel).
The only time the universe had actually been in danger was when
he did something particularly stupid and now if Susan would only
bring him some Lithium we can get on with the series.
And the number one thing Amblin should NOT do with the new Doctor
1) Make David Letterman the Doctor with Madonna as his companion
can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." The Seventh
Doctor -- Remembrance of the Daleks
Top Ten Things NOT To Bring To A United Whovians of Tucson
10) Friends that eat more than their weight in food
9) Video tapes (That's right! No televsion!)
8) Ice Sculptures
6) Pointed sticks (already plenty there)
4) Cellular phones
3) Hair dryer
2) Valuable and delicate popsicle stick reproduction of the Time
And the number one thing NOT to bring on a picnic:
is what the locals call a 'soft' day." -- The Doctor in Stones
Top Ten Ways The Eighth Doctor is Different From His Predecessors.
10) We've almost seen him naked
9) Not even on for an entire season
8) A tad indiscreet
7) Doesn't mind visiting the States
6) Completely misses all of the Master's jokes
5) Refuses to wear that scarf
4) Actually prepared to offer explanations to his companions
3) KNOWS how to french kiss
2) Not really eager to meet up with Daleks and Cybermen again
And the number one way the eighth Doctor is different from his
1) Seriously considering hiring an interior Decorator
Top Ten Ways To Tell If You're A Whovian
10) The only two episodes you still get confused are "Seeds of
Doom" and "Seeds of Death"
9) You use the term "Blinovitch Limitation Effect" in casual conversation
8) You volunteer to answer phones for Public Television fund-
raising drives AND make snide comments about Lawrence Welk
7) You are overcome with grief, or gales of laughter, upon hearing
of Adric's death
6) You resent being called a "Whoverine"
5) You wonder why the Voyager crew doesn't simply reverse the
polarity of the neutron flow
4) You buy "The New Adventures" even though you don't read them
3) You believe computers were invented to accomodate your Doctor
2) You've built or baked something in the shape of a police box
And the number one way to tell if you're a Whovian:
1) A firm religious belief in Regeneration
you would like more information about the Doctor Who fan club,
United Whovians of Tucson write to The
Lord President or go to
The UWOT Web Page
Top Ten Reasons We Love The Monkees
10) Peter's hair
9) They had some really catchy tunes
8) Micky's unique imitations
7) Show funnier than the "Partridge Family," sexier than the "Brady
Bunch," more plausible than "Gilligan's Island."
6) Mike's folksy attitude
5) Cult film "Head" stands up to repeated viewing
4) Davy's charming Manchester accent
3) Impressed with the way they burst out of Liverpool, took America
by storm, changed the face of popular music and represented the
concerns of a generation. Wait... no, no..... that's the Beatles.
Sorry 2) The way Davy can make his eyes sparkle
And the number one reason we love the Monkess:
1) Wholesome alternative to drug addiction
it can't always be you, Davy." -- Peter ~Card Carrying Red Shoes~
Have a look at our Monkees
Episode Guide. Or go to this home
page or this newsgroup
to further associate with people who love The Monkees
Top Ten Reasons We Watch Deadly Games
10) Twelve-year-old mentalities (no insult to twelve-year olds
9) Fond memories of Jackal as as cool Doc Brown in Back to
the Future saga
8) Keep hoping Leonard Nimoy will make an appearance
7) Lots of death rays
6) Like watching famous people stoop to being guest villains
5) Detective Dorn... if they were considerate enough to add an
interesting and amusing character, the least we can do is stick
by it a few more episodes
4) Always end up regretting not taping genre television series
the first time around
3) Stephen T. Kay as friend Peter... We're his devoted fans; don't
even miss his Bud Light commercials
2) Well, it SOUNDED like a clever idea
And the number one reason we watch "Deadly Games":
1) Hoping against hope that Gus (that paranoid sexist jerk) will
be destroyed by Jackal (the one guy lending a touch of class to
the show,) in some excruciatingly painful way
me right if I'm not right" -- Peter Rucker
Top Ten Reasons The Arizona Wildcats Won the NCAA Championship
10) Lute does a hell of a lot more than just keeping his hair
9) Makes for a better chapter in that eventual hit movie "The
Mike Bibby Story"
8) God Shammgod not really related
7) Wonderful "underdog" image projected by the media helped; put
other teams off their gaurd
6) Bennett Davison can fly
5) Arizona can just run under those huge guys on the other teams
4) They've been perfecting that "No, I didn't foul him! I was
in Nebraska" look
3) Eugene Edgerson managed to master the concept of the free throw
2) The Basketball gods are especially benevolent in Indiana
And the number one reason The Arizona Wildcats Won The NCAA Championship:
1) Simon says
Top Ten Ways To Really Annoy An AOL Tech
10) Put them on hold
9) Complain that your computer can see you
8) Ask them for a date
7) Repeat everything they say and then do the opposite
6) Stay on line for twenty minutes and then realize the problem
is that your password is Lestat not Dracula
5) Hum "Kalmar & Ruby" tunes
4) Ask if they have different flavors of modem strings you can
3) Eat a whole can of Pringles while you're talking to them
2) Don't tell them what you really see on the screen; make stuff
And the number one way to really annoy an AOL Tech:
on the "I'm an idiot" button to solve your problem." -- Anonymous
Top Ten Things Mulder Finds Suspicious About Christmas
10) Santa is everywhere; clones?
8) Reindeer? Or UFO sighting
6) FBI Office Party
5) Virgin Birth
4) Makin' a list, checkin' it twice; sounds like a conspiracy
3) No Bob Hope Christmas special this year
2) Salvation Army Bell-Ringers
And the number one thing Mulder finds suspicious about Christmas:
1) Scully suddenly giving him presents
Top Ten Christmas Traditions In Tucson
10) Decorating cacti... carefully
9) Painting Christmas Wreath at Broadway/Wilmot Intersection
8) Impeaching the Governor (An Arizona Tradition)
7) Holiday Bingo at the Tohono O'Odham Reservation
6) Line-dancing to Christmas Carols
4) Explaining to Santa that he can't go into biosphere 2
3) Adding jalapenos to the fruit cake
2) Sittin' in our pick-up trucks, drinkin' beer and waitin' for
reindeer to fly over
And the number one Christmas Tradition in Tucson:
1) Pretending it might snow
Top Ten Things Cows worry about
10) Calves on steroids
9) Barbed wire
8) Snow drifts
7) Farmer insisting on Skim Milk. Don't know how to make it.
6) Cud - Chewing it right?
5) Plans for world conquest
4) Too many Bossys in the phone book
3) Not enough Bulls
2) Too many Texans
And the number one thing cows worry about:
1) Alien vivisectionists
Top Ten Cow Christmas Traditions
10) Trying to fly in case reindeer go on strike this year
9) The celebrated Cow Feast
8) Freezing to death in snow drifts
7) Jingle Cow Rock
6) Encouraging Christmas Ham sales
5) Cud wreath
4) Giving Eggnog
3) Sneaking four or five extra cows into Nativity display
And the number one cow Christmas tradtion:
1) Bungee jumping
Our Top Ten Favorite Lines in Donald O'Connor's Films
9) "It's whimsical, Leland"
8) "I find myself not caring"
7) "Well, Mom, Latin and I are finally on speaking terms"
6) "Hello, fellas my name is Donald O'Connor, now there'll be
a slight pause for everyone to look at each other and say 'so
5) "That's just a sample of the work done on this machine"
4) "Okay, you're a cab"
3) "Francis, is a mule, he talks to me and when he talks to me,
even in his silliest moments, he makes more sense than you do"
2) "Ooooh, you tinkled"
And our number one favorite line in a Donald O'Connor film:
1) "I used to have an ass like that"
Our Donald O'Connor web page
Ways To Tell If You're a Mister Ed Fan
10) You can say "Wilbur" with just the right inflection
9) You know which Mister Ed scenes were used in more than one
8) Actually somewhat surprised to hear the word "sucks"
in a sitcom
7) You know all the words to "Pretty Little Filly"
6) Heated debates over which were the best neighbors: The Addisons
or the Kirkwoods.
(Naturally it was Kay and Roger - T. No, no. It was Winnie and
Gordon. - T)
5) Feel compelled to say 'of course' twice (of course)
4) You know the answer to the question, "What can Carol do
that Ed can't?"....Sew, of course (of course)
3) Was a time in your life when you couldn't decide between being
an architect or being a horse
2) You know the Post's address and phone number
And the number one way to tell if you're a Mister Ed fan
1) You're not surprised when your horse talks to you
"You know I only talk to you, Wilbur." -- Mister
Ed Fans Holler, but they don't hit.
To write and shower us with praise use the following
'n' T Web Sites and Episode Guides
All of these lists were lovingly
written by Teresa and Tracy Murray (T 'n' T).
Should you, in some sort of fit of temporary insanity, choose
to share these with others,
please give us a little credit, or blame, whichever seems appropriate.
You have reached... http://muppetlabs.com/~davidj/tnt/tntmi.htm
Thank you for visitng our little web site.
Copyright Teresa and Tracy Murray (T 'n' T) 1993 - 2003.
Page design entitled "Top Ten Rainbow".
Last updated October 2003.